Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Day of School

Here we are, less than 24 hours before the first day of class of the new academic calendar, and am I, a mature, thoughtful, self-assured adult, completely ready and fully prepared to attend every class and pay complete attention? Of course not.

Being an adult doesn't necessarily mean being mature in every facet of the personality. One part of me wants to just chill for a few days -- what some people might call a vacation. I suspect, though, that I'll be over this by tomorrow morning, and ready to start learning about American History before 1870, Teaching Composition, Victorian Prose and Poetry, Senior Thesis, and Ancient and Medieval Philosophers.

My inner 10-year-old is resisting the final fade of summer.

I think I'll go outside and turn over some rocks on the beach.


Personal Note: Happy 41st, Bobby. Wherever you are, live in joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments on Late for Class. Comments are moderated, so they won't show up on the blog immediately; nonetheless, I'll post them as soon as I can. I look forward to hearing from you!